How to install and setup D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router?
For installing and setting up the D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router, you must place the router near your Internet-connected modem and your computer. It is advised to keep the D-Link AC750 router in an open area for maximum wireless coverage. Dlinkrouter.local default web address lets you configure the router for internet connection setup.
- Disconnect your modem from the power source after turning it off.
- Connect your modem to the D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router using an Ethernet cable that attaches to the Ethernet port of modem at one end and to the internet port of the router at the other end.
- Attach the Router’s power adapter to the router and to a power source. Turn the router on and ensure that the power LED is on.
- Also, connect your modem to the power and switch it on.
- Connect your computer to the D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router using an Ethernet cable which connects the Ethernet port on your computer to one of the LAN ports on the D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router.
Note: You can also set up the router wirelessly by connecting your computer or mobile device to the router through Wi-Fi settings which can be located from the included Wi-Fi Configuration card. Enter the wireless Wi-Fi SSID name and connect to the Wi-Fi network using the wireless passphrase.
- Open a web browser supported by D-link router on your computer and enter the D-link router login default address http://dlinkrouter.local./ in the address bar.
- Instead of dlinkrouter.local, you can also type the default IP address of the router http://192.168.0.1 to log into the D-link router’s web interface.
- Enter the default login credentials – username as admin and password to be left blank for D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router login. D-link router login via dlinkrouter.local
- In case you are logging into your D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router for the first time, the Setup Wizard will start automatically.
- This D-link router Set up wizard will guide you through a step-by-step process to configure your new D-Link router and connect to the Internet.
- The D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router will automatically detect your Internet connection type through the setup wizard.
- You will have to enter the login information- username and password provided by your internet service provider (ISP) for your DSL (PPPoE) or IP and DNS settings for the Static IP connection.
- Create a name and password for your Network settings which your devices will use to connect to your wireless network.
- Continue with the D-link Setup Wizard on screen instructions to finish D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router configuration.
- The successful internet connection setup via www.dlinkrouter.local setup is completed when the Internet LED on the D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router will light green indicating that your router is connected to the Internet.
You have successfully completed the D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router installation and setup through dlinkrouter.local access through web browser.