router.asus.com : How to create a Guest Network in ASUS RT- AC5300
The routers with significant features use powerful frequency bands and amplifiers to catch the high amount of Wi-Fi signals and deliver it to every corner of the house. These networking devices ensure reliable connection and tight security against the bugs as well as the unauthorized access into the web interference of the www.router.asus.com .These devices are meant to deliver the magnificent amount of speed to run down every kind of operation within your system. ASUS routers are also embedded with the GPN (Gaming Private Network) which allows the users to create a separate network for gaming and prioritize the bandwidth to this network for the smooth game play. Gaming Private Network is introduced to gather all the gamers in a specific network which is enriched with the high amount bandwidth providing the convenience to the users to gather at a single network and enjoy the free lagging game with less amount of ping.
Anywhere you go around your home, enjoy the lightning fast speed and high security with the Ai protectively system of the router. The devices are even integrated with the gaming accelerator which gives the priority to gamers by providing the prioritized amount of bandwidth. ASUS has also launched its ASUS router app which intuitively allows the user to manage and control the router from anywhere. WT Fast in the router act as a game accelerator which allows you to enjoy the fast gaming even while there are multiple players are connected on the network.
Top ASUS routers are
- ASUS RT AC5300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Gaming Router
- ASUS BRT AC2600 VPN Wi-Fi Router
- ASUS RT AC3200 Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi router
- ASUS RT AX6000 Dual Band Wi-Fi router
- ASUS RT AC 3100 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gaming router
ASUS router setup Setup requirements
Here are the requirements that an individual needs in his computer to meet the requirements
- Ethernet RJ-45 LAN port (10 Base-TX/ 1000 Base-TX).
- IEEE wireless capability.
- TCP/IP service
- Web browser installed in your PC such as Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
Follow these instructions via a wired connection
- Plug in your AC adapter of the ASUS router to the power outlet.
- Now using the network cable connect your router with the computer through the LAN port within the router.
- Connect another network cable with its one end to the modem and another end to the WAN port of the router.
- Now, insert the AC adapter of the modem into the power outlet.
- Insert the AC adapter of your ASUS wireless router to the power outlet.
- Connect the modem to the router with a network cable connecting through the WAN port of the router
- Insert the AC adapter of the modem into the power outlet.
Interaction with the web GUI
ASUS router comes with the Graphical web interface which is efficiently utilized during the Netgear router setup. The web interface of the device is not only utilized during the setup but also is used to control or monitor the performance of the ASUS router. The user has to visit the ASUS router login page by typing www.router.asus.com in any of the web browsers. The users even access their ASUS device remotely through the ASUS router app.
Steps to perform the configurations on the ASUS router through the web setup page of www.router.asus.com
- Double click on the bar icon of the web browser of your desktop.
- Now, type www.router.asus.com or 192.168.1.1 as the web link of the browser.
- Login to the ASUS router login page. Type default username and password as “admin” in both the credentials. Click on Login button.
- Note: The login username and password of the router interface are different from the wireless credentials of the network name and the wireless password as both have their different functionality and significance.
- Your wireless router will automatically identify the internet connection type. The automatic detection of your device takes place when the user is configuring his device for the first time or when you are reconfiguring your device after restoring it to the default settings.
- Note: Obtain the necessary information for your Internet Connection type.
- Now, assign the network name as well as the security password for both of the frequency band in the wireless connection. Click on Apply when you are done with that.
- Your wireless, as well as Internet Settings, will get displayed. Click on Next tab to continue.
- Read the tutorial of establishing the wireless connection and when you will get done. Click on Finish button.
Guest Network within the ASUS router is basically introduced to give the authority to the users to create a separate network in which the other users can join for the temporary basis. The Guest Network is highly advantageous to the gamers as they can easily create a separate network for the other users to join their connection and enjoy the lightning fast speed of the device through the Wi-Fi signals which are being transmitted into that server. The user has to assign a different Network name and password for the Guest network for the Guest Network. The visitors who would be joining the network must be aware of the network name as well as of the wireless password in order to successfully connect with the network. The users joining the network won’t be able to access the private files or any personal documents of the main user which acts as the huge positive factor of the router.
How to create a Guest Network in ASUS RT- AC5300 Tri-band Wifi router?
Steps to create a Guest Network
- Launch a web browser with the www.router.asus.com as the URL and hit enter.
- Type the login credentials within their specific fields of the ASUS router login page.
- Mention “admin” as the username and if you haven’t assigned a password then mention “admin” as the password credential otherwiser type in your own password.
- Click on the Login button to visit the basic home page of the www.router.asus.com
- From the dashboard go to General tab and then select Guest Network
- The page of Guest Network will get displayed on the screen.
- Now, select the frequency band you want to assign to your guest network.
- Click on Enable tab.
- To make any changes on the guest network settings click on Remove tab to delete the preserved guest settings. Modify the settings of your own will.
- Assign a unique SSID name on the Network name field.
- Now, select an authentication method which will determine the security type that you want to maintain for your guest network.
- In case, if you select a WPA method of security for your network then selects a WPA encryption.
- Specify Access time or choose limitless option to have no limit on time while using the Guest network of the router.
- Enable or Disable the access on Intranet item. By selecting any of the choice.
- When all the above methods are done click on the apply button.
The users of ASUS router also enjoys the feature of time scheduling through which the main user can also set the time for the network usage of any other users. The feature helps in saving the time of the main user as he doesn’t have to enable or disable the Wi-Fi in allowing the other uses to connect to his network for a specific time. Through time scheduling he also can set a particular time for which the other user can connect to his network and take the optimum utilization of the network
How to set the time schedule in your ASUS AX6000 tri band Wi-Fi router?
Steps to set the time schedule in your ASUS AX6000 router
- Open up the browser in your WI-Fi device connected to the network.
- Type www.router.asus.com as the URL of the browser. If you can not be able to visit the dashboard of the interface of the router.asus.com you also can use 192.168.1.1 as the address bar of the browser.
- Click on the Login button and you will be redirected to the Home page of the web interface.
- Go to General Tab, select Ai Protection and then click on Parental control tab and at last tap on Time scheduling tab.
- Click ON tab, from the enable Time Scheduling pane.
- In the client’s name column select the name of the client from the drop down menu list.
- Note: The user can also key the MAC address of the client through the Client MAC address column.
- Click to add the profile of the client to the network.
- Click on Apply button to save the settings you have made.
How to change the Network Name of the ASUS RT AC88U dual band Gaming Router?
Network name of the router consists of the SSID field which can be changed through the web interface of the www.router.asus.com . The name of the SSID must be unique enough to be identified easily from the available Wi-Fi list of the ASUS router and the password of the network should be powerful enough to avoid any unauthorized access within the network.
Steps to change the Network Name of the ASUS RT AC88U dual band router
- Double click on the bar icon of the internet explorer of your desktop.
- Type www.router.asus.com as the address bar of the browser. If the user is encountering with any connection error, you also can use 192.168.1.1 as the address bar of the browser.
- ASUS router login page is going to appear on your desktop.
- Navigate the General tab, and then click on Network Map.
- Locate System Status on the Network Map screen.
- Click on System status tab and the page of System status will appear.
- Go to SSID field and assign a different SSID name to your network. You can setup different wireless settings for the different frequency band.
- Now, the select authentication method for your security Passkey.
- After selecting the Security Key, click on Apply button when done.
How to enable QoS in the ASUS RT AX88U routers?
Quality of Service feature in the ASUS router ensures that any heavy task or operation should get the appropriate amount of bandwidth. QoS is very well utilized for distributing the right amount of bandwidth to all the specific tasks which are being operated on the device. Quality of Service can also be enabled or disabled with the help of the web interface of the www.router.asus.com . The feature is utilized efficiently by those users who run down various kinds of operations through their routers.
Quality of Service feature helps in delivering the stagnant and steady signals into your devices. It ensures the appropriate amount of transmission of Wi-Fi signals to every operation which is being operated in the system.
- Visit the browser and type www.router.asus.com as the address bar. The user also can use 192.168.1.1 as the URL of the browser.
- Hit enter and the ASUS router login page will appear on the screen.
- From the dashboard menu select General tab, then Adaptive QoS and at last click on QoS tab
- In Enable Smart QoS pane, click ON.
- Fill up the upload as well as download bandwidth fields. You can also take the appropriate information of the bandwidth from your ISP.
- Select one of the QoS types from the adaptive or tradional type for the configuration.
- The QoS type definition will get displayed through the QoS tab for your reference.
- Click on Apply button when you are done.