How to setup and login to the Linksys WRT32X Wi-Fi Gaming Router
Linksys routers contain some of the most advanced technology when it comes to networking hardware. Their routers are optimized with the latest technology that is used to provide a reliable and user-friendly experience to the users. With the help of lightning-fast speeds on different bandwidths and numerous advanced features, the users can enjoy their wireless experience without any problems. To be able to personalize their network and gain access to the advanced features of the Linksys router, the user must login to their network after initially setting up the router by making all the physical connections. For that, the user can simply login using www.linksyssmartwifi.com. This web domain name is used to access the Linksys router’s admin login page.
Once the user has successfully logged in to their Linksys router, the user can make all the changes in the configurations of their router’s network. For example, the user can incorporate the voice command; secure the network by creating a personalized username and password, updating the firmware to make sure that the router stays compatible with the latest media devices and more. The user must change the username and password for their router in order to secure their network from any unauthorized users. The username and password can be changed using the configuration settings from the router’s admin login page. The user must also update the firmware for their router. The firmware is one of the most crucial parts of the router as it is the Operating Software that orchestrates the hardware on the router. The firmware also updates the security on the router so that the sensitive information passing through the router such as the emails and passwords, the private information of the user, their banking information when they buy something online and more is not vulnerable to any potential threats.
To be able to configure the Linksys router, the user needs to login to their router’s admin login page to access the web based interface or Dashboard for the router’s configurations.
Here, we will provide the troubleshooting steps to configure the router and help the users personalize their network.
How to setup and login to the Linksys WRT32X Wi-Fi Gaming Router
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port located at the back of the router.
- Now, connect the Ethernet cable from the desktop computer or laptop to any of the four internet ports also located at the back of the router.
- Power cycle all the three devices one time and wait for them to finish the power cycle.
- Open any internet browser and type www.linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar. The admin login page will appear.
- There, the user will be asked to enter the default credentials regarding their Linksys router. The default username and password for most of the Linksys routers is “admin” for most of the routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once the user has successfully logged into the router, the Setup Wizard will appear.
- The user can complete the setup process using the simple on screen instructions.
Now, the user will have successfully setup and logged into their router without any problems. From here, the user can further secure their network without any problems.
How to reset the Linksys WRT32X Wi-Fi Gaming Router:
- Locate the reset button at the back of the Linksys router. It will be placed inside a very small hole to prevent any accidental reset.
- Using a pin, press the reset button and hold it for about ten seconds. Release the reset button after ten seconds.
- When the power light becomes green/white and stable, the router will have been restored to its factory default settings.
Once the router has been reset, the personalized settings of the user on the router will all be wiped away. This process cannot be reversed once the reset has been completed.
- Do not remove the router from the power source during the reset as it can damage the router.
Troubleshooting steps to update the firmware for the Linksys WRT32X Wi-Fi Gaming Router
- Download the latest firmware from the Linksys Support Site and save it to the desired location on the device that is connected to the router.
- Open any internet browser and type www.linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar of the browser. The admin login page will appear.
- Enter the default information when required. The username and password are case sensitive.
- The web based interface will appear. Click the ADVANCED option.
- Then go to the Administration settings.
- There, the user will see the Router update option.
- Click Browse to search for the previously downloaded file.
- Click Upload to begin the firmware update process.
The firmware update only takes a couple of minutes. Once the firmware has been successfully updated, the user can start using their router as they desire.
- Do not download the firmware file from any third party websites as they may contain some malicious content.
- Make sure that the firmware version is the latest.
- Do not remove the router from its power source as it can damage the firmware and may even render the router useless.
Troubleshooting steps to change the username and password for Linksys WRT32X Wi-Fi Gaming Router:
The user must change the username and password for their network if they think some unauthorized users are accessing their network without their permission. To change the username and password, follow these simple instructions:
- Open an internet browser of your choice and type www.linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar to access the router’s admin login page.
- The user will then be asked to enter the default credentials for the router there. The default username is either “admin” or justify blank for different routers and the default password is “admin” for most of the Linksys routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once logged in successfully, the user will see the Administration option. Click on it.
- Now, click the Management option. Under the Management option, the user will see the username and password option.
- The user can enter the new desired information within the Network Name (SSID) option and the Network Key (passphrase) option. The fields will be provided below the respective options.
- Once the user has entered the new desired information, click Save to save the changes made.
Now, the username and password will have been changed successfully for the Linksys router. The user can reconnect all their devices using the new username and password for their router.
- Do not enter any sensitive information or password hints within the username as the username is still visible to nearby devices.
- Make sure that the password is hard for other people to guess.