Netgear AC3200 Nighthawk Router Basic Setup – Routerlogin.net
How to configure the Smart Connect feature in Netgear AC3200 Nighthawk tri-band router?
Smart Connect feature in Netgear AC3200 Nighthawk router automatically enhances the performance level of your router by choosing a better frequency band. The only condition required for running this function is that both the frequency band of your router must be using the same wireless network settings. Network name, as well as the Wi-Fi password, of both the frequency must be same in order to make this feature work. The feature is configured through the web interface of routerlogin.net or through Netgear Genie.
Steps to configure Smart Connect feature in Netgear AC3200 Nighthawk tri-band router
- Open a browser in your wireless device connected to your home network.
- Type www.routerlogin.net on the address bar of the browser. Typing 192.168.1.1 as a URL that also leads you to default gateway of the router
- Netgear Router login page appears on the screen.
- Mention “admin” on the username tab as a default credential. Type “password” on the password credential as a default credential. Both the credentials are case-sensitive.
- Click on the login button and home screen of routerlogin.net appears on the screen.
- Go to the Wireless tab.
- Select Smart Connect tab with the checkbox. One Wireless Network Name (SSID) for both 5 GHz radio checkbox.
- Click on “Apply” button and the settings will get saved.
How to disable Implicit Beamforming in Netgear Nighthawk AC3200 Wi-Fi router?
Implicit Beamforming in Netgear Nighthawk AC3200 Wi-Fi router is enabled by default as the service allows the main user to use the information from connected devices that support Beamforming to improve the Wi-Fi signal.
The user can disable it by following below instructions.
- Open a web browser in your connected computer connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Type www.routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 as the web address bar of the browser. The user can switch any of these in order to connect to the default gateway of the router.
- Netgear Router login screen appears on the screen.
- Mention the credentials of the login window. Type “admin” on the username tab and mention the password you typed earlier on the login window. Both the credentials are case-sensitive.
- Click on the login button and the home screen of routerlogin.net appears on the screen.
- Select the Advanced tab, then advanced setup tab, click on the Wireless settings tab.
- Advanced Wireless settings screen appears on the screen.
- Scroll down and in order to disable implicit Beamforming, clear the inability of Implicit Beamforming checkbox.
- Click on Apply button and the settings will get eventually saved.