Netgear Nighthawk XR450 automatic firmware update
Firmware update enhances the performance and functioning of the Netgear Nighthawk XR450 router and maximizes wireless network speed with the addition of new features and security enhancements. The Netgear Nighthawk XR450 automatic firmware update requires Netgear router login via routerlogin.net to enter the Basic home screen or dashboard of the Netgear router.
To automatically update the Netgear Nighthawk XR450 router firmware, follow these steps:
Automatic firmware update will first check the availability of the latest firmware version file through routerlogin.net login using the check button for firmware update.
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device which is connected to your Netgear Nighthawk XR450 router’s wireless network through wired Ethernet cable as recommended.
Note: it is recommended to connect your desktop computer to the Netgear Nighthawk XR450 Nrouter by a wired cable connection using an Ethernet cable for successful firmware update without wireless network lag or interruption.
- In the browser’s address bar, enter Netgear Nighthawk XR450 router’s default login web address www.routerlogin.net to enter its dashboard.
- The login window of the Netgear Nighthawk XR450 router login will pop up.
- Enter your default Netgear Nighthawk XR450 router login credentials - user name and password to enter router’s dashboard for automatic firmware update process. Type default Netgear Nighthawk XR450 router login user name as admin and the default router login password as password setup by default for routerlogin.net login.
- net login gives you access to enter the Netgear Nighthawk XR450 router’s dashboard.
- select ADVANCED option on the dashboard.
- Then, Click on the Administration or Settings on the home screen under the Advanced option.
- Select the Firmware Update option to begin the Netgear Nighthawk XR450 router automatic Firmware update process on the router.
- Click on the Check button to allow Netgear Nighthawk XR450 router to search for new firmware version availability.
- If a new latest firmware version is available for Netgear Nighthawk XR450 router, click on Yes.
- The Netgear Nighthawk XR450 router firmware will update automatically and the router will restart after the latest firmware version file is successfully uploaded. The firmware update will then take about 3-5 minutes to complete.
Note: avoid any kind of interruption by closing the web browser, changing the browser or loading a new page and turning off the Netgear router as this may lead to halt in the firmware update process causing corruption of the firmware as well as the router.