Arlo Pro 2 Camera System Setup And Guide
How to perform the Arlo Pro 2 camera system setup?
Arlo Pro 2 camera is unique from other Wi-Fi cameras as it is battery powered unlike them and you don’t need to plug it into any power outlet to stream and record video.
Arlo Pro 2 camera uses its own central hub, also called the Base Station, to which all of your Arlo cameras are connected. The Arlo pro 2 cameras use Z-Wave to communicate wirelessly with each other, therefore, Arlo cameras need to connect to the Base Station, to communicate with the Wi-Fi network at your home.
Arlo Pro 2 camera Setup
Download and Set Up the Arlo App
- Download the Arlo app to your mobile device - iPhone and Android devices.
- Install and open up the app and tap on the “New to Arlo” button.
- Select the Arlo product you have to setup, following which the Arlo app will ask you to install the Arlo Base Station hub.
- Connect the Arlo base station to your router by plugging one end of the included Ethernet cable into the Arlo Base Station and the other end into a free Ethernet port on your router.
- Next, connect the Arlo base station to the power and then turn on the power button located next to the power connector on the back of the hub.
- After you have successfully set up the Arlo base station, tap on continue in the Arlo app to move ahead.
- The Arlo app automatically searches for the Arlo Base Station hub on your network.
- Select your time zone in the app and Tap on “Continue” to proceed.
- Assign a name to your Arlo Base Station.
Create a Netgear Account
- Create an account with Netgear by entering your email address.
- Also create a password for your Netgear account.
Sync Your Arlo Pro 2 Camera to the Arlo Base Station
Before you start:
- You should sync your Arlo Pro 2 cameras to the Arlo Base station one at a time.
- Make sure your Arlo cameras are placed within a couple of feet of the Arlo Base Station while performing the syncing process
- Install the batteries in your Arlo pro 2 camera.
- Start with the sync process by pressing the sync button located on the top of the Arlo Base Station for almost two seconds. You will see a green light will begin to blink.
- Press the sync button on the Arlo Pro 2 camera as well until the blue LED light on the front of the Arlo camera begins to blink.
- Then the Arlo Base Station and the Arlo Pro 2 camera will automatically connect to each other in the sync mode.
- After completion of the sync process, tap on “Continue” in the app which will take you to the “Sync Complete” screen.
You can then tap on “Finish” option if there is more camera to connect or on “Add More Cameras,” in case you want to connect more Arlo camera to the system. After finishing the sync process, you must update the Arlo Base Station and the Arlo Pro 2 Camera Firmware to the latest version.