How to resolve the sudden Internet Connection failure within the Linksys Dual-Band AC1900 router?
Heavy drop in internet connections are common and at the same time, an encounter with the issues which are slowing down the performance of your router is a nightmare for any Linksys routers. Drop in the connection, can be due to a variety of reasons. Sometimes, issues can be from your Internet service provider side also and can be due to an imbalance in networking settings of the web interface of the Linksys routers. Network settings should be configured properly during Linksys router setup, in order to bring the prominent result in the network performance. Some common issues due to the web interface of Linksys routers are
- Change in MTU size ( Maximum Transmission Unit)
- Imbalance in the broadcasting channel of your server.
- Interference of other transmissions through other devices.
- The firmware of the Linksys router needs an upgrade
Change in MTU size can also be the reason behind the sudden drop in your Internet connection of Linksys smart wifi. MTU size should be kept within the mentioned unit to bring out the efficient utilization of the Linksys routers. If in any case, you have assigned more units than the mentioned unit of MTU, then it can cause the loss in heavy data packets within your server. These units of MTU can easily be adjusted through www.linksyssmartwifi.com or with the help of Linksys connect.
Follow these below instructions to successfully change the MTU size within your router.
- Launch the web browser with www.linksyssmartwifi.com on the address browser.
- Linksys router login page of your AC1900 will appear.
- Enter the username and the password within your Linksys routers.
- The default username is admin and the password is “password”. These both credentials are case-sensitive.
- Once, you have arrived into the Home page of the web interface, Go to Advanced then Setup, then WAN setup.
- Locate the MTU size field, change its value. Keep the value within 1500 unit, which is basically the appropriate MTU size of Linksys routers.
- Now, Click on the Apply button to save the changes you have made
The user can also change the MTU size within their Linksys router with the help of their Linksys cloud account. It is more convenient and easy to perform this method with the help of this cloud account. Here are the steps to change the MTU size of your Linksys AC1900
- Click on the bar icon of the Linksys cloud account.
- Type the login credentials to enter into your cloud account.
- Now locate the connectivity tab and click on that tab.
- Now, go to internet settings tab.
- Locate the MTU section and click on Drop down list. Then enter the desired size of MTU for your Linksys AC1900. It is strongly recommended to keep the size of MTU within 1500.
- Tap the Apply button.
- The dialogue box will appear on the screen prompting to click on the YES button.
- After clicking on the YES button, the system will save your changes.
- Imbalance in the channel width size of your Linksys routers
Broadcasting channel also plays a vital role in manifesting the bandwidth of Wi-Fi signals within your Linksys routers. These channels are being distributed among 11 units. These channels act as the pathway for the signals to be transmitted within your routers. All servers are being distributed along these channels to provide the Wi-Fi signals within your device. If your server is within that particular channel, in which traffic is in bulk, then it also might be the cause of sudden Internet connection failure. One channel cannot maintain the bulk of the servers as the result it causes a heavy drop in internet connection.