How to set up AiMesh Wi-Fi system on Asus RT-AC68U AC1900 Dual Band Router?
Asus RT-AC68U AC1900 Dual Band Router is AiMeshWi-Fi Supported router which helps to create a powerful and flexible whole-home Wi-Fi network. For this you will have to log into the Asus router via router.assu.com for reaching the web GUI of the Asus RT-AC68U AC1900 Dual Band Router.
Prior to setting up ASUS AiMesh, you must ensure that you have the following devices available:
- Two ASUS routers which should be supporting AiMeshWi-Fi system.
- Assign one of the Asus routers as the AiMesh router, and another on as AiMesh node.
- Place the AiMesh router and node within 1 -3 meters of each other during the Asus Aimeshsetup process.
Upgrade both the Asus routers with AiMesh-supported firmware
- Download the latest firmware file version from https://www.asus.com/AiMesh/ for AiMesh-supported firmware update.
- After establishing wired cable connections and connecting your computer to the Asus RT-AC68U AC1900 router, perform the Asus router firmware upgrade on your router.
- Log into the Asus RT-AC68U AC1900 Router via router.assu.com to reach the Asus setup Wizard for upgrading firmware.
- Go to Administration in the settings and select Firmware Upgrade.
- Next, upload the downloaded firmware on both of the AiMesh router as well as node.
- Go to the Network Map page and confirm if theAiMesh icon shows up.
Related: Asus Wireless Media Control Setup
Reset the AiMesh node to factory default
For resetting the Aimesh node, Press and hold the reset button of AiMesh node for at least 5 seconds, and then releaseit as soon as the power status LED starts to blink.
After completion of the Asus router reset, allow the AiMesh node to be powered on and in standbymode for AiMeshWi-Fi system setup – Asus router setup.
Related: Update The Firmware Asus AC3600
AsusAiMesh router setup – Asus router setup
- Unplug your cable/DSL modem from power or by removing the backup batteries if any.
- Connect your modem to the Asus RT-AC68U AC1900 Dual Band Router as anAiMesh router with network cable.
- Turn on your router as well as modem.
- Also, connect your computer to the AiMesh router using an Ethernet cable which should connect to your AiMesh router at one of the four LAN ports and your PC.
- Log into the Asus router through router.asu.co to reach the Asus setup wizard for Asus AiMesh router setup through web GUI.
- You will be asked to enter the Assu router default login credentials. Enter “admin” in both the required fields.
- On theAsus RT-AC68U (being used as AiMesh router)Network Map page, click on theAiMesh icon and Search for your extending AiMesh node.
- Following the search, the setup wizard will search AiMesh node automatically.
- As the AiMesh node shows on network page, click on it to add it to AiMesh system.
Note: It’s recommended to place all the routers being used in the AiMesh Wi-Fi system should be placed in close proximity while synchronizing for the first time in case of any interference.
- A message is displayed following completion of the Aimesh devices synchronization.
- AiMesh node is then successfully added to AiMesh network – and Asus AiMeshWi-Fi systemhas been setup using Asus RT-AC68U AC1900 Dual Band Router as an AiMesh router.