How To Setup AC 1900 Amped WI-FI range Extender
AC 1900 Amped WI-FI Range Extender
These are universal range extenders that extend the reach of any Wi-Fi router by repeating the signal (2.4GHz and/or 5GHz) from your wireless router and then redistributing the extended signals to a new and extended location.
This expand the range of your Wi-Fi network by eliminating Wi-Fi Dead Spots and providing steady connections to let you enjoy buffer-free video streaming, gaming etc.
Key Features of AC 1900 Amped WI-FI range Extender
- Offers Ultra-Fast Wi fi speeds -600Mbps on 2.4GHz & 1300Mbps for the 5GHz
- Allows Guest Networks where you can create up to 8 networks for guests
- Provides Wi fi coverage for Up to 7,500 sq. ft. and extending the range of any router thereby eliminating dead spots
- Offers networking features like Air Play, Air Print and more.
- Its Boost Band Technology streamlines Wi-Fi traffic and therefore increases speeds by up to 2X
- Has 4 Gigabit Network Ports which connect up to 4 additional network devices like TV or gaming consoles
- It can be easily placed as the Signal Strength LED helps you find or locate the perfect location.
- Provides an Easy Setup
AC 1900 Amped WI-FI range Extender setup guide:
- Firstly, you need to find an Optimal Setup location between your wireless router and your wireless dead zone and then place the range extender at such a location where it is able to receive a strong signal from your any wireless router.
This can either be done before or after the setup is complete. The Range Extender saves your setup settings.
- Attach the four antennas to the connectors located on the back of the Range Extender.
- Connect your Computer or your device to the Range Extender
- Power on the Range Extender.
- Connect to the Range Extender's Wi-Fi network
- Launch the web browser and type http://setup.ampedwireless.com in your browser.
If you are unable to access the web menu, try the troubleshoot steps below to access web interface of amped wireless range extender:
- a) Disconnect your computer from all the available Wi-Fi networks.
- b) Connect the PC and the Range Extender using an Ethernet cable.
- c) Go to your web interface through http://setup.ampedwireless.com again in your web browser.
- The Dashboard screen appears which will provide you with the current status of the Range Extender. Click Scan to ﬁnd which available networks should be extend.
- Select whichever wireless network(s) you wish to repeat. For a dual band router, select both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz network names.
- For security enabled wireless home network(s), security key should be entered. If you had selected both 2.4GHz and a 5GHz network to repeat, you will have to enter both security keys here.
In case your wireless home network(s) is not security enabled, leave the security ﬁeld blank.
- Click Next to continue.
- Conﬁgure Settings for your Extended Networks by entering a new network ID and a security key
- Connect to the New Extended Network by following the onscreen instructions.
Your Range Extender has now been successfully conﬁgured and your settings are now saved.
To Find an OPTIMAL INSTALLATION location, the Signal Strength of the LED helps you ﬁnd the perfect location
Green LED depicts Excellent Signal (70-100%)
Yellow LED depicts Moderate Signal (60-69%)
Red LED indicates Poor Signal (59% and below)
Note: The LED light does not turn on until and unless the Extender is not connected to a Home Network.