Netgear Nighthawk AX 4 AX3000 4-Stream MiFi Router Setup
How to enable access control to the Internet through your Netgear Nighthawk AX 4 AX3000 4-Stream MiFi Router (RAX 40)?
The access control can be set and used to block or allow access to the Internet through your Netgear Nighthawk AX 4 AX3000 4-Stream MiFi (RAX 40) router.
Follow the steps here to set up access control on Nighthawk RAX 40 router:
- Log into the Netgear Nighthawk AX 4 AX3000 4-Stream MiFi Router (RAX 40) from a web browser launched from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the router network.
- Access www.routerlogin.net as a default web address for Netgear router login to reach the login page.
- Enter the routerlogin.net login details, admin in the user name field and password in the password field. Following the routerlogin.net login information input, The BASIC Home page of Netgear Nighthawk AX 4 AX3000 4-Stream MiFi Router (RAX 40) displays.
- Select ADVANCED on the Basic setup page. Click on Security and then select Access Control option.
- As the Access Control page displays, turn on the Access Control check box (using the Allow and Block buttons) to enable access control feature Nighthawk RAX 40 router.
- Select an access rule either by:
- Selecting Allow all new devices to connect option, which allows a new device to access your network.
- Selecting Block all new devices from connecting option, which blocks a new device to access your router’s Internet connection, however the device can still access your router’s local network.
Selecting the access rule will not affect any previously blocked or allowed devices, but it applies only to devices that will be joining your network in the future after the access rule has been setup.
You can further view allowed or blocked devices by clicking one of the following links:
- View list of allowed devices not currently connected to the network
- View list of blocked devices not currently connected to the network
Following the list of allowed or blocked devices will get displayed on the screen.
- Further, if you wish to allow the Wi-Fi-enabled device used by you such as computer or mobile device to continue to access the Internet, you must select the check box next to your computer or device, and click on the Allow button.
- Click on the Apply button to save the settings and changes made.
You have now enabled access control to the Internet through routerlogin.net login into your Netgear Nighthawk AX 4 AX3000 4-Stream MiFi Router (RAX 40)?