How to enable Remote Management in Tp-link AC5400 Tri-band router?
Remote Management service allows the users to remotely access the device via "internet" from any device capable of running Internet in it. While enabling this feature, the user has to mention the IP address which he is going to use as the resource to interact with the default gateway of the router. It is usually recommended to change the username as well as the password of the router while enabling this feature within your device. Remote Management feature of these devices is enabled through the web interface of the tplinkwifi.net. The user has to visit the Tp-link router login window to enable this feature.
Steps to enable Remote Management service in Tp-link AC5400 router
- Open up a browser in your desktop through the home screen.
- Type www.tplinkwifi.net on the web address bar of the browser. While getting encountered with the connection error, the user also can use the LAN IP address of the router.
- Hit enter and Tp-link router login window appear on the screen.
- Mention “admin” on the username field as the default credential and mention the password on the password field. If you already have assigned the password then type that desired password in the password field else leave the password field blank.
- Go to the advanced tab, click on the system tools and at last tap on the administration tab.
- Complete whatever settings needed in Remote management section.
- To trigger the Remote Management service selects the radio button of Remote Management.
- If the user wants to enable the Remote Management for the specified devices then select the radio button of specified devices. In case the user wants to enable the Remote Management for all the users, then select the radio button of all the devices.
- After selecting the Remote Management service, the user also needs to enter the web Management port in its specific field.
- If the user is choosing the option of specified devices, you also need to mention the IP address of the device you are allowing to manage the router.
- The above option skips if the user is choosing the all devices option.
- Click on the save button
How to enable the Password recovery in your Tp-link AC5400 Wi-Fi router?
Password recovery option within the Tp-link AC5400 Tri-band WI-Fi router is an efficient feature to allow the user to visit the menu dashboard of the www.tplinkwifi.net even when he forgets the password. With the password recovery option, the user can recover his password which gives him the sophistication to easily interact with the functions and tools of the router, in order to enhance its functionality. While recovering the password, the user also has to go through the security questions step in which he has to answer the questions asked by the interface. The security questions are selected by the administrator while enabling the password recovery option within the tplinkwifi.net
- Open up the browser in your desktop window and type www.tplinkwifi.net as the URL.
- The default login window of Tp-link router will appear on the screen.
- Mention the credentials of the Tp-link login screen in their respective fields. Mention “admin” on the username field and type “admin” as the default password on the router password field. Both the credentials will be in lower case.
- After mentioning the credentials. Click on the login button.
- net homepage is will appear on the screen.
- Locate the Advanced tab click on it, Select System tools and at last click on the Administration tab.
- Then, go to the Password Recovery option. Password Recovery page will get displayed on your screen.
- To enable the password recovery, tick the checkbox of “Enable Password Recovery”.
- The user needs to specify the mailbox from where the recovery letter will drop into the registered mail. You also need to mention its SMTP server address.
- In (To) option, the user needs to register that mailbox in which he is going to receive the mail.
- Select “Enable Authentication” and specify the username and the password.
- Note: The username, as well as the password you are mentioning on the above method, will be of the mail you are registering as the receiver.
- Click on the save button after performing all the above methods.
- Note: The user can also test the email he has registered to check whether the configuration done by the user is successful or not.